The goal of monitoring OCH parking lots is to improve access to parking spaces for tenants and their visitors. In order to avoid a ticket, it is important that you provide OCH with your vehicle information.
Visitor Vehicle Registration Information
Vehicle owners using OCH Visitor Parking must register their vehicles. Instructional signs are posted to clearly identify the need to register vehicles. Vehicles that are not registered will receive a City of Ottawa parking ticket from either OCH or Ottawa By-Law Services.
- How to register for visitor parking
- Free parking privileges - Daytime
- Paid visitor parking - Daytime
- Paid visitor parking - Overnight
- Ticket inquiries
Once a vehicle’s license plate has been registered on the parking application or by phone, the visitor will immediately be able to park for up to 3 hours for free during the day.
If additional time is required over and above the free 3 hours daily, visitors can choose the following options.
- After 3 hours = $1/hr with a maximum $10 for 24 hours
- Extended parking = $25 for 3 days | $40 for 1 week
Visitors still have the option to register for free overnight parking three days each month. Paid overnight parking can be done through the app, but users CANNOT use the Flowbird mobile app to register for the FREE overnight parking. This registration can ONLY be done by:
- phone at 1-833-243-6902 or
- online at: https://validationipass.preciserd.com/CommunityHousing/OCH
If additional overnight parking is required, visitors have the option to pay the following rates using their regular credit card, debit card, PayPal or a prepaid card in the application.
- 3 nights = $25
- 7 nights = $40
If a vehicle is parked in its assigned space and the owner/user has provided accurate license plate information to OCH, then they will not receive a City of Ottawa ticket. License Plate Recognition technology only identifies vehicles that are not registered to park on OCH property or are parked in an unauthorized area.
If a vehicle owner/user receives a ticket and has proof that they were parked in their assigned or authorized area and were registered properly, they can contact OCH to request a ticket cancellation review.
- All cancellation reviews should be called into OCH parking services at 613-731-1182, Option 6 ext. 2233 between 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Alternatively, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All cancellation requests will be reviewed by OCH parking services, but this does NOT guarantee that the ticket will be cancelled. Each decision will be based on the evidence provided.
Other ticket resolution options can be found on the back of the City of Ottawa issued ticket:
- Plead Guilty – early payment
- Plead Guilty with an Explanation – reduced fine consideration
- Plead Not Guilty – trial request.
Why monitor parking?
Tenants have been telling us that effective parking management contributes to a positive living experience. OCH responded by launching a new approach to parking monitoring services in Spring of 2018. The approach combines 24/7 parking lot monitoring and vehicle license plate registration. The goal is to reduce unauthorized parking, ensure tenants have access to their parking spaces and to make visitors parking more available for your guests.
OCH is working with Precise ParkLink, an innovative parking management company that currently monitors multiple lots across the city and has a proven record of success.
Precise ParkLink uses License Plate Recognition (LPR) to identify vehicles that are not registered to park on OCH property. License plate recognition is a software that can detect, read and store video of a car’s license plate. It allows camera to capture a license plate number and compare it to a database of stored license plate numbers.
In addition to Precise ParkLink, Community Safety Services will continue to monitor all OCH parking areas, including fire routes and private driveways and will respond to parking complaints reported to OCH’s 24/7 Call Centre at 613-731-1182.
- More vacant spots will be rented.
- Less vacant spots available to be abused.
- Less complaints related to tenant parking (freeing up CSS time to respond to other issues).
- More available visitor parking.
We encourage feedback on the new parking program to our dedicated email email@example.com. Your feedback will help us to evaluate the success of the program and determine our next steps.
Monthly Tenant Parking
In our communities where parking spaces are available, you must register your vehicle either at your district OCH office or by calling 613-731-1182. To register your vehicle, you must supply OCH with proof of insurance and vehicle ownership. OCH is working with an external parking monitoring company that uses license plate recognition technology, which if your vehicle is not properly registered you could get a ticket.
- Registered in your name
Any changes of the vehicle or ownership must be reported to OCH immediately.
- The monthly parking charges only cover the use of their parking space.
- The tenant assumes responsibility for showing proof of parking privileges to Ottawa Police, Municipal By-law officers or security staff. Tenants will report any unauthorized vehicles in their parking space to OCH staff, in order for the vehicle to be ticketed or towed.
- OCH reserves the right to re-assign parking.
- Tenants must provide OCH with 30 days written notice to cancel or surrender a parking space
- Use any parking spaces to store tires and other personal belongings. These are considered combustible materials and are prohibited under the Fire Code.
- Park in another tenant or visitor space without authorization
- Sublet your assigned parking space
- Park any motorized vehicle where the weight exceeds 3,000Kg (Tractor-trailers, boats, busses cube vans etc.)
- Park on the grass, sidewalks, in front of garbage bins or No Parking Zones.
Failure to comply with the terms and conditions of the parking registration/contract may result in the removal of parking privileges, or the vehicle being towed at the owner’s risk and expense. Vehicles parked in tenant spaces that are not registered will receive a City of Ottawa parking ticket from either Precise ParkLink., OCH or Ottawa By-Law Services.
Have questions or need more information about Tenant Monthly Parking? firstname.lastname@example.org