Good to Know: COVID-19 – Tenant Resources
Disponible/available in: Français (French)
Ottawa Community Housing is working with Ottawa Public Health regarding the ongoing concern of COVID-19/Coronavirus. We feel it is important to share information with tenants to help prevent the spread of this virus within the community.
Updated January 2022
Please note that this is a rapidly changing situation, and the response by OCH and partners may change over time.
Please check OCH’s social media channels (Twitter | Linkedin | Facebook | Instagram), the “latest news section” on the homepage of our website, and those of our partners for the most up-to-date information.
For emergency repairs and safety and security services, always call the OCH Call Centre at 613-731-1182. Call Centre Operators are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The health and well-being of Ottawa Community Housing tenants and staff continue to be our number one priority. We continue to work with Ottawa Public Health and our many partners as we assess the rapidly changing dynamics of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Answer Covid-19 screening questions
- Wear a mask
- Sanitize hands before & after leaving the office
- Maintain physical distancing
- Stay home if you are sick
WHAT OCH IS DOING:
- Requiring employees and on-site contractors to report their COVID-19 vaccination status
- Staff are wearing masks when physical distancing cannot be maintained
- Cleaning and disinfecting high touched surfaces between appointments
- Practicing hand hygiene
- Limiting the number of people in offices at once
- Glass shield (reception and interview room)
- Safety training for front line Staff
- Providing hand sanitizing throughout offices