Fire prevention week a success!
On September 23, OCH kicked off the annual Fire Prevention Week where we highlighted our partnership with Ottawa Fire Services and the hard work we do year-round to educate tenants on fire safety and prevention. OCH’s Fire Safety Week takes place in advance of National Fire Prevention Week, Oct. 6 – 12, 2019. The theme this year was Not Every Hero Wears A Cape. Plan and Practise Your Escape.
Some highlights from the week included:
- Community BBQ at Overbrook Community Centre on September 23
- Townhouse Inspection Event – A team of OCH and OFS staff inspected 91 townhomes in the Overbrook area. They found 273 working alarms and replaced 14 that needed repair.
- Social media awareness campaign: see the campaign by following on OCH on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- An educational presentation on TV screens in each OCH office and fire safety banners
- “After the Fire” door to door campaign: Ottawa Fire Services and OCH staff went door to door at 251 Donald on September 25 to speak with tenants and make sure that everyone is following the Ontario Fire Code.
- “After the Fire” Presentation: 1475 Caldwell on September 25
Thank you to everyone who made OCH Fire Prevention Week a success!
Read other Fire Prevention articles
This post is also available in: Français (French)