Friel Expansion – 200 Beausoleil Drive
Disponible/available in: Français (French)
About Friel (200 Beausoleil Dr.)
Ottawa Community Housing’s Friel Project is a new development adjacent to 200-201 Friel Street in Ottawa, which includes two existing high-rise buildings owned and operated by OCH.
Located along the eastern portion of the site, at the corner of Beausoleil Drive and Chapel Street, the development is a 20-storey residential apartment building, including a 6-storey podium.
This project is currently in development (planning phase), subject to available financing, and required the approval from the City of Ottawa.
Other design features in the building include the following:
- 159 homes (152 one-bedroom homes and seven two-bedroom homes)
- One level of underground parking
- Ground-level amenity space including …
- Bicycle parking
- Car Share (TBC)
- Passive house design to minimize ongoing heating/cooling energy costs
- zero carbon footprint
- Wastewater heat recovery
- The design incorporates best practice design for seniors/accessible/visitable/barrier-free housing.
In Design Phase
Expected Completion Date
To be determined
- City Planning Community Consultation: April 2023
- Site Plan Application: April 2023
- Community Information Session: June 2023