505 and 515 Branch Street, Ottawa
About This Project
The site is located at 505 and 515 Branch Street (previously known as 3380 Jockvale Road) located at the southern edge of the Barrhaven community at the intersection of Jockvale Road and Bending Way.
The site is located in the new part of the City of Ottawa that is currently being developed. There are newly single–family townhouses already built on the other side of Bending Way. Additional housing units that follow the same development pattern are currently being constructed on the south side of Branch Street.
505 Branch Street is designed to include 22 units equally split between 2 and 3 bedrooms and includes 3 accessible units on the ground floor level.
515 Branch Street is designed to include 10 units equally split between 2 and 3 bedrooms and includes 4 accessible units on the ground floor level.
The construction design will target improved performance levels aligning with the funding requirements and mandate.
resulting in reduced greenhouse gas emissions and operating costs for both the tenants and landlord.
Factory construction of modules maximizes recycling, inventory control, worker safety, and near-zero waste on site.
- 32 homes in total, including 7 accessible units
- Designed and built to accommodate future solar energy
- Modular design-build longevity (70-year life span)
- 21 parking spots
- Transit accessible within 600m
- Communal bike racks
- Green space surrounding the three separate buildings
- Common on-site laundry facility
Expected completion date:
- Community Information Session: February 2022
- Delegated Authority: November 2022
- Building Permit: March 2023
- Off-Site Modular Manufacturing Commencement: March 2023
- On-Site Construction Commencement: June 2023