Students and Youth
We offer summer student placements and other opportunities to support youth development.
2024 Summer Student Employment
Ottawa Community Housing recruits students for summer employment in a variety of positions located at all 6 of our offices across Ottawa.
About the Program
The prime objective of Summer Student Employment with OCH is to give students experience in a dynamic work place environment and offer learning opportunities that will develop and improve their skills for future employment.
The program will provide students with opportunities that will:
- Enrich their current academic programs;
- Encourage completion of present studies;
- Improve their ability to find desired jobs in areas of interest and specialization;
- Offer insight into future employment opportunities; and
- Help learn about and evaluate career options within Ottawa Community Housing Corporation.
To be eligible for Summer Student employment with Ottawa Community Housing you must:
- Must be available for the full four month term (May – August)
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Be 15 to 30 years of age
How to Apply
Interested students can apply until to March 31, 2024. Please visit our Careers page to apply.
OCH is pleased to partner with local schools, colleges and universities to provide volunteer opportunities that are aligned with student’s areas of study so that students can experience how the knowledge and skills they are learning in the classroom apply in the ‘real world’. At the same time, students learn more about how they can continue to contribute to positive change in their community.
If you are interested in volunteering with OCH on an occasional or regular basis, please e-mail email@example.com for more information.
Youth Futures Program
Youth Futures is a partnership of the City of Ottawa, Ottawa Community Housing, Ottawa Police Service, Algonquin College, Carleton University, La Cité, Saint Paul University and the University of Ottawa. This seven-month program gives high school students a taste of college, university and so much more!
• Leadership Training
• Volunteer Opportunities
• Summer Employment
• On-Campus College and University Experiences
For more information and to apply, visit Youth Future‘s website.