Volunteer With OCH
Ottawa Community Housing (OCH) provides approximately 15,000 homes to 32,000 tenants, including seniors, parents, children, couples, singles and persons with special needs within many communities across the City of Ottawa housing a diverse population of varying languages, ethnicities and cultures. OCH is the largest social housing provider in Ottawa, and the second largest in Ontario.
The Volunteer Engagement Program at OCH allows you and your team to become involved in our communities in a unique and rewarding way. We welcome volunteer groups of all sizes to help with maintenance and beautification projects. The goal of these projects is to help engage the communities by bringing people together to make a difference.
While capital costs, such as roof repairs, elevator maintenance, and simply the upkeep of all our buildings, take priority, these volunteer projects are the little things that truly affect the lives of our tenants in a positive way, allowing them to feel pride of place in their community. The undeniable feeling of joy that comes from seeing the smiles on others’ faces simply from lending a helping hand is invaluable.
What You Need to Know:
- All of our available projects are posted below.
- Projects are booked on a first come, first serve basis.
- If you are ready to book, or you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 613-731-1182 ext 2218 to confirm a project date.
- Please note: we need 4-6 weeks lead time for most projects.
- OCH will provide all of the equipment, materials and supplies for each project that is posted.
- While a donation to cover the cost is appreciated, it is not required for most of the projects that are listed.
- New projects are added all the time. If you don’t see a fit for your team, check back as the website is updated frequently.