MOSAÏQ OTTAWA – phase 2
et Booth, Ottawa
About This Project
The phase 2 redevelopment at 820 Gladstone will cover the northern 2.7 acres of a block bounded by Gladstone, Rochester, Booth and Raymond. It will include mid-rise residential development along Gladstone and Rochester with low-rise townhomes along Booth.
The development will include a series of non-residential spaces that will be used for commercial rentals, community services and a number of work/live units. The site will also include multiple car-share parking spaces available for use by tenants and the broader community.
- Passive house design to minimize ongoing heating/cooling energy costs
- zero carbon footprint
- Wastewater heat recovery
- Solar photovoltaic array on the building rooftops
- The design incorporates best practice design for seniors/accessible/visitable/barrier-free housing
Amenities & Features
There will be 273 new homes within five (5) buildings. The proposed design is for two (2) nine-storey buildings with 240 homes, with another 32 homes within three (3) townhouse blocks.
The design will support affordable housing with studios, one-bed homes, two-three, and four-beds. It will include a generous amount of indoor and outdoor amenity space, coupled with surface and underground parking, bicycle parking, storage lockers, and a central park.
Located at 820 Gladstone Avenue, it will be 9-storey with 155 homes fronting on Gladstone Avenue, with some 4,000 ft2 of commercial space at grade.
Located at 305 Rochester Street, it will be a 9-storey building with 86 homes fronting on Rochester Street. This building will be a partnership with PAL Ottawa.
Other Features Include
- Fitness room
- Lounge and social rooms
- Study rooms
- Central outdoor park with play area
Construction is expected to begin in Fall 2023
Expected Completion Date
This multi-million dollar development is possible because of the contribution of the following investors:
Ottawa Community Housing, Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation and the City of Ottawa.
- Site Plan Application: December 2021
- Information Session: December 13, 2021
- Building Permit Approval: August 2023
- Groundbreaking Event, the introduction of the general contractor (HEIN) and Architect Firm (Hobin): October 2023
View the PDF below to Read the December 13, 2021 Community Consultation PresentationBack