Why this volunteer project?
This is a project that you will be able to leave seeing the difference that you made in the community’s outdoor space. Volunteers could be clearing overgrowth, planting planters and repairing or painting fences or garden benches.
- Carrying soil or plants
- Working in team to build to paint and repair fences or benches (instructions and on site support provided)
- Use of hammers and drills could be required
- Filling planter benches with soil/ fertilizer
- All tools will be provided including safety gear
- Some flexibility in tasks is available to meet the needs of those who require less strenuous tasks
This project is not funding dependent, however monetary contributions from the group to donate towards the community projects are always appreciated.
The project is available in several OCH communities in the 2022 season.