Dec 2nd, 2022
Volunteer Project: Partnership Continues to Bloom with Ribbon Volunteers
Share this story
A team of nearly 30 volunteers from Ribbon Communications Inc. spent the day adding a touch of colour for the residents of 1365 Bank Street on October 14.
The team painted the hallways and common areas of the 17-storey building, making it their 12th project with OCH. The company, formerly named Genband, has been working with us since 2012.
Some projects they’ve completed in previous years include:
- Built garden planters at Russell Manor
- Clearing overgrowth, Lavigne Court
- Built planter boxes, trimmed shrubs, and cleared overgrowth at Fairlea Court
- Helped make sandwiches for the lunch program in Debra Dynes
- Painted hallways at 415 MacLaren
Over the last ten years, nearly 400 employee volunteers from Ribbon have visited our communities.
Brian Gilligan, Chief Officer of Community and Tenant Support, is grateful for the continued partnership.
“The Volunteer Engagement Program allows OCH to work with partners to build better communities. The beautification projects have a big impact on tenants and allow us to re-invest in other supports,” he said.